It is an unfortunate reality that storage units are an ideal place for pests to live. Rodents, cockroaches, bed bugs, moths, and other creatures are very attracted to storage units and love to build homes inside them. This is because storage units:
- Provide good shelter for them—dark, protected areas are a pest’s favorite place to live
- Often go undisturbed for long periods of time
- Are full of items that serve as a protection for their nests and homes
- Sometimes have food in them
Be Protected at Apex Storage
Because storage units are an appealing place for pests to infest, it is important to take proactive steps to prevent infestations. At Apex Storage, that is exactly what we do. We have teamed with a local pest control company to routinely inspect and treat our storage units. We also make our storage units a much less appealing place for pests to live by:
- Making sure there are no cracks or holes in the foundation and the door seals tightly
- Keeping shrubbery like trees and bushes away from the storage units
- Keeping the areas in and around our storage units as dry as possible
- Routinely checking our storage units for pests
We have worked hard to develop a reputation of being a company you can trust your valuables with. We take pride in our work and know you will be pleased with the efforts we take to keep our facilities pest-free. That is only part of the reason why hundreds of people trust Apex Storage with their personal belongings.
Tips to Prevent Pests
When you are storing items in a storage unit (or your garage at home), here are a few things you can do to prevent pests from making your storage their home.
- Use plastic containers that seal tightly
- Don’t store perishable foods
- Clean all kitchen appliances before storing them
- Use wood pallets to keep your stored items off the ground
- Store natural pest deterrents such as cotton balls soaked in peppermint or mothballs
- Check on your storage unit regularly
- Contact a facility manager or other Apex employee if you notice any signs of an infestation. We will be happy to work with you to solve the problem immediately
Call Us Today
If you are looking for a place to store your personal belongings, call us today and let us show you why hundreds of people trust our company with their valuables and other possessions. One of our representatives would be happy to answer any questions you have and tell you more about the services we provide that make us one of the best storage units around.