Here at Apex Storage, we understand that the safety of your belongings is always at the forefront of your mind. Remote storage often seems like an easy target for burglars. In fact, break-ins can be common in some complexes. Apek Storage is determined to do things differently, to lessen the chances of break-ins, ensure the safety of your possessions, and leave you with peace of mind.
Are Our Units Secure?
Not all security is made equal. At Apex, we make sure to take all the necessary precautions, big and small, to keep your belongings safe. As a company, we take unit theft seriously, and those that store with us should know the steps we take to stay vigilant. We understand the difference between a normal, well-maintained storage facility that relies on basic security features to ensure safety and those that go above and beyond the basic. Apex Storage is here to keep your belongings safe with advanced security features in each of our locations.
Our customers can rest easy, feeling confident that their possessions are secure. Whether your unit is full of long-term storage collectibles, expensive equipment, or everything with which you plan to furnish a new house, we have security measures in place to deter break-ins and keep each storage unit safe. Our three-pronged security plan includes high-resolution surveillance cameras, on-site night watchmen, and a secure gated entrance.
Security cameras placed throughout our facilities serve to deter robbers and help us to keep the area under guard. Our cameras aren’t just there for looks, though. We utilize 4k resolution in order to aid law enforcement in identifying perpetrators. Considering our locations have many customers coming and going, these cameras help us to ensure that each person on our campus is only accessing their own unit. What makes us different?
- Video Monitoring. We make use of high-grade security technologies. Over the years, video surveillance has advanced considerably, and we’ve kept up with those changes. Our digital monitoring systems record the activity on our property 24-hours a day. This surveillance is stored digitally to ensure that if any suspicious activity is seen, not only can the on-site manager quickly check on an issue or call proper authorities, but the activity will be recorded.
- High-Power Industrial Lighting. Although advanced security cameras are a vital way to strengthen our security, without the help of enhanced lighting, we wouldn’t be able to see issues that might arise. Our exterior lights play a large part in the safety of your belongings. They keep you safe as you exit and re-enter your vehicle when as it darkens outside, allows us to see suspicious activity, and lessens the temptation for trespassing. Each day, an on-site manager checks that every light is functioning as it should, replacing bulbs as needed.
Gated entrances help us to keep track of anyone entering or exiting a storage complex. Customers who actively rent units on-site have access codes that allow them in. Apart from our front gates, Otherwise, the complex is fenced all around and difficult for intruders to access.
- Password Protected Access. Both customers and employees are required to use an access code at the entrance to each facility. This security measure can put you at ease if you’re unable to visit your storage unit for some time. Gates codes change periodically to prevent those who do not rent units from us to access these codes, limits general access and allow us to record who enters and exits our property whenever necessary.
- Secure Property Fencing. Of course, we believe that our gated access is enough to keep our clients and their belongings safe from unwanted hands. However, a gate is nothing if there are weak links connecting to it. That’s why we’ve taken care to make sure every Apex facility’s fencing is working as it should without any structural threats. Our fencing serves a function first and foremost, but isn’t unsightly, nor does it draw unnecessary attention. We’ve taken the time to make sure all exist and entry points were built with a purpose to ensure the utmost security.
The prime time for break-ins is at night when the darkness makes it harder to distinguish identities and other people are less likely to be on-site. Even if you have the best storage locks on your unit, criminals are prepared to get in and out of units quickly. That’s why we don’t have personnel on-site only during business hours. However, after-hours management is left on a DIY basis. At our locations, our night watchmen ensure that your unit is under 24-hour surveillance.
- Keeping Locations Well-Maintained. At Apex, we know that a vulnerable facility is far more likely to be taken advantage of. Our on-site manager is tasked to check surrounding fencing, front gate, lighting, and access keypad for various maintenance issues. If something isn’t working as it should, the issue is fixed in a timely manner.
- The Importance of a Physical Presence. We keep a manager on-site 24/7 not just for your safety, but for the safety of your belongings. Having a constant on-site presence, criminals are less likely to see Apex as an “easy target”. Just by simply having a trained professional monitoring and protecting our facilities at all times, we do more than most.
The Smart Choice for Safety
Find a Location
Many of our customers are surprised to learn what kind of security benefits they receive with such a low-cost unit. But we understand that your security and the security of what you choose to store with us shouldn’t be costly. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to answer our clients’ concerns, without compromising unbeatable rates. Want to learn more about our amenities, unit sizes, and climate-controlled options? Need tips on how to make self-storage work for you? Give us a call today or fill out our contact form. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have about Apex Storage.