Should You Rent a Storage Unit?
Many people are on the fence about whether or not they should rent a storage unit. On the one hand, it would be convenient to have a place to store your extra stuff. On the other hand, it can get expensive, especially when you are renting a large storage unit for a long period of time. Where do you draw the line between being worth it and being too expensive for your needs? That’s what we’re here to answer for you.
Of course, we understand that renting a storage unit is not always the best choice. If, for example, you only needed to store a box or two, we realize that it would not make sense to rent a storage unit for that because you could probably find room for it in your house or in the house of a friend or relative. Other times, however, renting a storage unit is a perfect way to save money, give your house more room, protect valuable items, and add convenience to your life. In an effort to help you decide whether or not renting a storage unit is the best choice for you, here is our list of when you should seriously consider renting a storage unit and why.
When You Should
- If you’ll be storing valuables, such as antiques, collector’s items, cars, instruments, or other items that are financially or sentimentally valuable. With high security and climate-controlled storage, storage units offer more protection than a garage.
- When you’re moving, renting a temporary storage unit to give you a place to store your stuff as you’re getting settled in can be a huge help.
- If you own a business that has a limited amount of space, renting a storage unit can help you keep your inventory safe and easily accessible. Some small companies have even started inside of storage units!
- If you’re storing a boat, camper, or other vehicles, putting them in a storage unit is the best choice, as it will protect them from the elements that can damage them over time. Especially for boats, there are usually storage units that are close to bodies of water, so you can keep them there where they’ll be ready to go whenever you are.
- Storing seasonal items is a job that is usually best to leave for a self-storage company, as it will get them out of the way when you’re not using them and allow you to easily access them when you are using them.
- If you need some extra room in your house, placing some items in storage can help you declutter, which will help your house look better and help you to be less stressed.
Are You Considering Renting a Storage Unit?
If you are thinking that a storage unit is the right choice for you, call us today! One of our team members will be happy to answer any questions you have and discuss the different services and sizing options that we offer.
you may also like
Self Storage is the Key to Selling Your Home
When you look through the MLS of homes available to purchase in your area, the successful sales…
Climate Controlled Storage Vs. Standard Self Storage
Consumers rent storage units every day, all for different reasons. Some people want to organize their homes…
Time to Travel
So, you’ve just moved to Utah: one of the most naturally beautiful states in the union, boasting…